Authors: American Medical Association
Give your practice what it needs to successfully transition to ICD-10-CM.
The transition to ICD-10-CM will impact all physician practices. With an increased number of codes, along with enhanced code specificity, the transition will require a significant amount of planning and training.
Learn how to make the correct decision when selecting a diagnosis code (or codes) using the new system. Updated and revised, this best-seller is written for all skill levels from basic to advanced and appropriate for self-learners and the classroom. It provides the tools needed to confidently move from ICD-9-CM to ICD-10-CM, as well as examples of real-life chart notes to enhance understanding.
Features of Principles of ICD-10-CM Coding:
- Introduction to ICD-10-CM—contains conventions and terminology used in the ICD-10-CM coding system
- Chapters organized by codebook section—allows the reader to follow along with the ICD-10-CM codebook
- Chart notes—code directly from "real-life" chart notes from medical records using the ICD-10-CM coding system
- Guidelines for coding—leads the reader through each of the ICD-10-CM sections by reviewing and analyzing the guidelines
- Chapter checkpoint exercises—test your knowledge of the content
- CD-ROM—includes Microsoft® PowerPoint® slides with chapter overviews and an exam testing module (including midterm and final with answers)
Organized in two sections:
- Part I provides an overview of the material in ICD-10-CM covering conventions and terminology, content, format, general coding guidelines, the coding process, and supplementary classifications.
- Part II presents the basic guidelines for coding each chapter, and provides concrete instructions on how to code the diseases and injuries categorized in ICD-10-CM.
- 2013, 448 pages, softcover
- Product #330322400
- ISBN 13: 978-1-60359-803-3
Order By Phone Option
You can also call ACP Customer Service to order at 800-523-1546, extension 2600 or 215-351-2600 (M-F, 9 a.m.-5 p.m. ET).