Thank you for your interest in joining ACP! Online membership applications are currently unavailable as we prepare the 2024-2025 membership renewals. The online applications should be available on again on Monday afternoon, March 4, 2024. In the meantime, PDF versions of ACP applications are available for download.
In the meantime Adobe PDF versions of ACP applications are available for download.
Physician Membership Details
If you have completed a residency in internal medicine:
Download Application for ACP Membership
If you have completed a residency in a specialty other than internal medicine:
Download Application for Physician Affiliate membership
Residents & Fellows-in-Training Membership
Download the Resident/Fellow Membership Application
Physicians who reside in a region with an ACP chapter, and who are certified in internal medicine, a combined program, or in neurology are eligible for ACP Membership. If not certified, physicians may submit proof that they completed training in a post-graduate medical residency program in internal medicine, a combined program or in neurology. Certification in internal medicine is required for physicians living in Canada and Japan.
*Physicians who are not certified in internal medicine, a combined program, or in neurology and who reside outside of an ACP Chapter, please submit a Membership Sponsoring Form with your New Member application. Please contact the Membership Coordinator at [email protected] with any questions.
Physicians holding a current active medical license who graduated from a medical school found in the International Medical Education Directory (IMED) and who are not trained in internal medicine are eligible to apply for Physician Affiliate membership.
Physicians currently in an accredited training program in internal medicine, a combined program, neurology, or a fellowship in a subspecialty of internal medicine are eligible to apply.
- New Resident/Fellow Members requiring a print application: Download here
- New Resident/Fellow Members requiring a sponsorship form: Download here
Transitional Graduate Membership Details
General Information & Requirements
Transitional Graduate Membership is a temporary class of membership in ACP with all privileges except the right to hold office, vote, attain Fellowship, or sponsor candidates for membership.
- Physicians who have graduated medical school but have not yet entered a residency program in internal medicine, a combined internal medicine program, or neurology are eligible for the Transitional Graduate Membership.
- This membership category is available for two membership years, but a one-year extension may be requested for a total of three membership years.
- This membership category will be terminated once the individual enters a residency-training program or exceeds the three years available for this membership category.
- In countries where there is no ACP Chapter, the applicant must be sponsored by an ACP Master or Fellow. To obtain a copy of the sponsorship form, please visit www.acponline.org/intjoin.
Download and complete an application for domestic
Download and complete an application for international