Bradly Jacobs, MD, MPH and Katherine Gundling, MD, FACP
View the Table Of Contents
View a sample chapter of this book.
This title is also available as an
Here's the comprehensive, evidence-based analyses physicians need to counsel patients about complementary and alternative medical therapies and to integrate these techniques into their own practices!
This new resource focuses on the safety and efficacy of a full range of CAM therapies, providing "at-a-glance" answers to the questions busy clinicians are most often asked. In-depth reviews of the research are thoroughly digested into concise summary tables, placing key information at the reader's fingertips.
- Provides bottom-line recommendations for each therapy using a 5-level system: strong recommendation in favor, weak recommendation in favor, no recommendation, weak recommendation against, or strong recommendation against.
- Evaluates the clinical evidence for CAM therapies by using the GRADE system, which is endorsed or used by the World Health Organization, QUORUM, the Cochrane Collaboration, UpToDate, and other organizations.
- Organized around the conditions for which patients most commonly consider CAM therapies, such as allergies, asthma, cancer, coronary heart disease, HIV, musculoskeletal disorders, and depression.
- Offers a complete chapter on drug-supplement interactions.
The ACP Evidence-Based Guide to Complementary and Alternative Medicine also features a useful overview of CAM therapies; guidance on discussing these therapies with patients; and consideration of legal, insurance, and regulatory issues.
- 2009, 452 pages, softcover
- Product #330381000
- ISBN-13: 978-1-934465-04-2
Order By Phone Option
You can also call ACP Customer Service to order at 800-523-1546, extension 2600 or 215-351-2600 (M-F, 9 a.m.-5 p.m. ET).