Edited by Janice B. Ryden, MD, FACP and Paul D. Blumenthal, MD, MPH
Women often present to their primary care physician with gynecologic complaints. Practical Gynecology: A Guide for the Primary Care Physician helps you advise and treat your patients knowledgeably and effectively.
Intended for clinicians at all levels of gynecologic expertise, this fully revised and updated edition continues to aid physicians in recognizing and managing common and uncommon conditions with confidence, and provides guidance as to when to referral to a specialist is appropriate.
- Pap smears and cervical cancer prevention
- Sexually transmitted diseases
- Menstrual disorders
- Gynecologic emergencies
- Breast cancer screening
- Menopausal hormone therapy
- Urinary incontinence
- Medication use during pregnancy
... as well as many other subject areas!
Vital information has been made easily accessible through numerous tables and illustrations. Clinical Alerts summarize major points in the text. Like all titles in the acclaimed ACP Women's Health series, Practical Gynecology: A Guide for the Primary Care Physician is evidence-based, clearly written, and thoroughly indexed, making it an invaluable resource for all busy clinicians who provide gynecologic care.
- 2009, 550 pages, softcover
- Product #330371500
- ISBN 13: 978-1-934465-05-9
Order By Phone Option
You can also call ACP Customer Service to order at 800-523-1546, extension 2600 or 215-351-2600 (M-F, 9 a.m.-5 p.m. ET).
Table of Contents
1. The Gynecologic Examination: Pamela Charney, MD, FACP
2. Sexuality: Sharon J. Parish, MD and William H. Salazar, MD
3. Menstrual Disorders and Abnormal Bleeding: Shawn Kurtcheff, MD and Mark Gibson, MD
4. Premenstrual Syndrome: Janice Ryden, MD, FACP
5. Contraception: Alison B. Edelman, MD, MPH
6. Spontaneous and Induced Abortion: Laura D. Castleman, MD, MPH, MBA and Paul D. Blumenthal, MD, MPH
7. Cervical Cancer Prevention: Auguste H. Fortin, VI, MD, MPH, FACP
8. Vaginitis and Sexually Transmitted Diseases: Roxanne Jamshidi, MD, MPH and Jonathan Zenilman, MD
9. Gynecologic Emergencies: Kindra Larson, MD; Dee E. Fenner, MD and Janice Ryden, MD, FACP
10. Urinary Incontinence: Lisa Granville, MD, FACP
11. Endometriosis: John C. Petrozza, MD
12. Chronic Pelvic Pain: Candace N. Howe, MD and Andrea J. Rapkin, MD
13. Evaluation of Pelvic Masses: Anita L. Nelson, MD; Robert M Sinow, MD and Monica Hau Hien Le, MD
14. Hysterectomy and Alternatives: Mary T. Jacobson,