International delivery may no longer be possible due to COVID-19 restrictions. Please visit USPS link for details on countries impacted.
Patrick C. Alguire, MD, FACP; Dawn E. DeWitt, MD, MSc, FACP; Linda E. Pinsky, MD, FACP; and Gary S. Ferenchick, MD, FACP
Office-based teaching occurs in a fast-paced, complicated environment where the teacher and student are concerned with both educational outcomes and patient care.
This revised and updated edition continues to provide a reliable resource for physicians interested in improving their office-based teaching techniques while maintaining the efficiency of their practices.
Preceptors will learn to:
- Evaluate their current approaches to teaching
- Incorporate new, proven techniques
- Minimize the effect of office-based teaching on productivity and length of day
- Optimize patient encounter time
- Give meaningful feedback and write preceptor evaluations
Concise and practical, this second edition is further enhanced with an online collection of educational tools and resources and an electronic teaching-encounter form for mobile devices.
A part of ACP's Teaching Medicine Series, this title is available individually or as a part of the complete seven-book set.