Jack Ende, MD, MACP
This title is also available as an e-book.
Medical teaching--formal and informal, preclinical and clinical, planned and impromptu--is complex. Physician-teachers must be concerned with meeting the needs of the learner while providing effective care for the patient.
Offering the insight and experience of dedicated medical educators, Theory and Practice of Medicine includes:
- Practical applications of learning theories to better meet learners' needs
- Characteristics of successful medical teachers
- Approaches to developing faculty and improving clinical teaching
- Vignettes addressing specific clinical teaching challenges
- Resources and literature for medical teachers to enhance their knowledge
A special section, "Memorable Moments in Teaching and Learning," shares poignant anecdotes and personal stories of the power, joy, and humanity of teaching medicine from 22 colleagues in the field of internal medicine.
A part of ACP's Teaching Medicine Series, this title is available individually or as a part of the complete six-book set.
- 161 pp., April 2010, softcover
- ISBN: 978-1-934465-41-7
- Product Code: 330391030
Order By Phone Option
You can also call ACP Customer Service to order at 800-523-1546, extension 2600 or 215-351-2600 (M-F, 9 a.m.-5 p.m. ET).