Edited by Suhail Raoof, MD, FACP; Liziamma George, MD, FACP; Anthony Saleh, MD and Arthur Sung, MD
View the Table of contents.
View sample chapters of this book:
If you are having trouble viewing PDF documents, please save them to your desktop, then open them.
Co-published with McGraw Hill, here is the definitive point-of-care guide to managing critical care patients!
This handy, yet comprehensive resource fully reviews the optimal clinical management of patients in the intensive care unit. Numerous clinical and procedural illustrations support this turnkey coverage, which is packed with clinical pearls and presented in an at-a-glance format. The ACP Manual of Critical Care touches on all core content areas and body/system regions, from cardiovascular critical care to critical care of neurological diseases. If it's important to achieving optimal patient outcomes in the critical care setting, you'll find it here.
- All content is prepared under the auspices of the ACP, the world's leading organization of internal medicine physicians
- Eye-catching two-color design simplifies reader navigation and referencing
- A trove of superb anatomical, clinical, and procedural illustrations commissioned especially for this book
- Extensive array of clinical pearls and step-by-step clinical procedures for issues commonly encountered in the ICU
- Evidence-based chapters provide practice guidelines and treatment recommendations grounded in rigorous scientific research
- Balanced coverage includes major controversies and unsettled issues
- Helpful appendix features commonly used parameters and formulae in critical care, plus useful treatment algorithms and tables
- August 2008, 885 pages, softcover
- Product #330371060
- ISBN-13: 978-0-071605-65-7
Order By Phone Option
You can also call ACP Customer Service to order at 800-523-1546, extension 2600 or 215-351-2600 (M-F, 9 a.m.-5 p.m. ET).
Table of Contents
Section I. General Aspects of Critical Care
A. Commonly Performed ICU Procedures
- Ch. 1: Central Venous Catheterization and Arterial Catheter Placement
- Ch. 2: Right Heart Catheterization
- Ch. 3: Pericardiocentesis & Temporary Cardiac Pacing
- Ch. 4: Bronchoscopy in the Critical Care Unit
- Ch. 5: Use of Endoscopic Procedures in the Intensive Care Setting
- Ch. 6: Use of Ultrasonography in the Critical Care Unit
- Ch. 7: Chest Imaging
- Ch. 8: Administrative Aspects of Critical Care
B. Resuscitative Techniques
- Ch. 9: Fluid Resuscitation in the Intensive Care Unit
- Ch. 10: The Use of Pressors to Support Circulation
- Ch. 11: Administration of Blood and Blood Products in the Intensive Care Unit
- Ch. 12: Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
C. Respiratory Support and Monitoring