Edited by Michael E. Brier, PhD and George R. Aronoff, MD
View the Table of contents.
This title is also available as an e-book.
View sample tables of this book:
Here is the classic pocket guide to drug-dosing for patients with impaired renal function-in a revised and updated new edition! Easy-to-read tables put the information you need when determining dosages for more than 450 drugs at your fingertips. Plus, this new edition features brand-new guidance on pediatric dosing, making it the most complete resource of its kind.
- Details the biochemical and physiological effects of drugs in patients with renal failure
- Emphasizes those medications eliminated by the kidney as well as the importance of the patient's glomerular filtration rate (GFR)
- Includes recommendations for supplemental drug dosing during renal replacement therapies, coverage of antimicrobial and antiviral agents, and much more
Because the kidney is the major regulator of the internal fluid environment, the physiologic changes associated with renal disease have pronounced effects on the pharmacology of many drugs. Manage these effects successfully with this handy pocket guide.
- June 2007, 272 pages, softcover
- Product #330361080
- ISBN 10: 1-930513-76-3
- ISBN 13: 978-1-930513-76-1
A PDA version of this book is also available.
Order By Phone Option
You can also call ACP Customer Service to order at 800-523-1546, extension 2600 or 215-351-2600 (M-F, 9 a.m.-5 p.m. ET).
Table of Contents
Using the Tables
- Narcotics and Narcotic Antagonists
Antihypertensive and Cardiovascular Agents
- Antihypertensive Drugs
- Adrenergic and Serotoninergic Modulators
- Angiotensin-II--Receptor Antagonists
- Angiotensin-Converting Enzyme (ACE) Inhibitors
- Cardiovascular Agents
- Antiarrhythmic Agents
- Calcium-Channel Blockers
- Cardiac Glycosides
- Miscellaneous Cardiac Drugs
- Antibacterial Antibiotics
- Aminoglycoside Antibiotics
- Cephalosporin Antibiotics
- Miscellaneous Antibacterial Antibiotics
- Quinolone Antibiotics
- Tetracycline Antibiotics
- Antifungal Antibiotics
- Antimycobacterial Antibiotics
- Antiparasitic Antibiotics
- Antiviral Agents
- H1 Antagonists
- H2 Antagonists
- Antineoplastic Agents
- Antiparkinson Agents
- Antithyroid Drugs