This title is also available as an e-book for $26.00
Jeff Wiese, MD, FACP
Web Extra Teaching Scripts
Table of Contents
The complexity of hospitalized patients and the day-to-day issues that arise on inpatient services make teaching in the hospital as challenging as it is unique. Hospital-based medical educators (hospitalists and attending physicians) must be adaptable and teach a wide range of topics, all while administering effective patient care.
Written by experts in the field, Teaching in the Hospital offers a unique perspective on the goals of inpatient teaching and practical advice for hospitalists and attendings who teach on the wards.
This book provides hospital-based educators with tools and techniques for:
- Establishing and communicating expectations and responsibilities
- Conducting rounds to ensure education complements patient care
- Enhancing learning by using illustrations, analogies, mnemonics, and other "tricks of the trade"
- Coaching learners in the science of clinical reasoning, communication, time management, and interpersonal relations
This unique book includes clinical problem-based "teaching scripts" illustrating the dialogues that can take place around 15 of the most frequently encountered inpatient clinical problems.
A part of ACP's Teaching Medicine Series, this title is available individually or as a part of the complete seven-book set.
- 325 pp., April 2010, softcover
- Product #330391050